Jazz Fish actively pursue The Hero. Though their movement is slow, multiple can easily overtake the player leaving them with little room to escape.
Jazz Fish are round blue fish-like creatures. They have small yellow fins and wear large fedoras and black glasses. Their mouths seems to take the appearance of a trumpet. Under their fedoras, and in front of their fins, they have sideburns.
- There is a trap in one of the levels where if the player approaches an object multiple Jazz Fish will begin to surround the player from off-screen.
- They are first seen during the second section of the Rhythmic Reef level.
- They are the third fish variant the player encounters.
- Jazz Fish remain idle off-screen until the player approaches them.
- It is unclear as to why they have a unique sprite for this action.
- They share this quality with Sea Harps.
- The graphics for Jazz Fish's diagonal movement is processed by the game rather than through sprites, meaning their texture may appear jagged or "rough" within levels.