|Health||Cannot be killed|
Shadow Water, or Liquid Shadow, is a hazard in Drawn to Life, only found in Shadow Lair, the last level of the game. Like regular Shadow, Shadow Water is unable to move and does not actively pursue The Hero on its own. However, The Hero will still take damage if they come into contact with it. Shadow Water in Shadow Lair often acts as an impassable barrier that impedes progress through the level. The only way to rid an area of Shadow Water is by use of the Trident creation, which, upon activation, slowly lowers the level of the liquid until it no longer is on-screen. Even while receding, Shadow Water is still capable of damaging The Hero. Because of this, it is recommended that the player wait before traversing downward where Shadow Water had just been drained.
Shadow Water, in appearance, mostly resembles ordinary water. Unlike normal water found elsewhere in the game, Shadow Water is opaque and almost completely black. Aside from white, it uses all of the colors found on other standard Shadow creatures.
- Shadow Water is the most uncommon form of Shadow in the first game.
- Shadow Water acts similarly to the freezing water in Icy Lake.
- The Hero is unable to swim in Shadow Water and will simply bob atop its surface if contact is made.
- Shadow Water will instantly kill any enemy that falls into it, including other Shadow creatures.
- Despite this, Shadow Water does not prevent Shadow enemies from spawning in, even while it is receding.
- Shadow Water is the most simplistic Shadow obstacle in appearance, having the fewest frames in animation and a simple color palette.