|Attack Type||Contact & Projectile|
Shadow Fountains are uncommon stationary enemies in Drawn to Life. They will occasionally spawn in or around areas where the player has to scrape away Shadow Goo, along with Shadow Walkers and Shadow Bats. Their only attack is projecting clumps of Shadow towards the Hero, athough they will still deal contact damage, like most other enemies.
They take two hits to kill.
Shadow Fountains appear as twisting black funnels of Shadow that regularly regurgitate up pieces of Shadow Goo across their environment.
- Shadow Fountains are best dealt with from afar using the Hero's ranged weapons.
- They can also be taken out in one blow with a well timed Ground Bounce or Flip.
- Contrary to their appearance, Shadow Fountains do not actually spread any Shadow Goo.
- Even after the player has cleared the Shadow from an area, Shadow Fountains will still spawn if the level is replayed.
- Due to a glitch, if the player doesn't kill the Shadow Fountain, but instead ignores it, they will hear its attack sound over and over again until it is well off screen.
- The Shadow Fountain, along with the Shadow Fish, are the only Shadow creatures that don't make an appearance in the Shadow Lair.
- If the player tries to push a Shadow Fountain, it will only play its hurt animation, staying stationary.